Tuesday, July 11, 2017

June 29, 2017-Coming home







So, the mission ended. I never thought this day would come. Quem diria?

The trip home was quite an adventure. On Tuesday I dropped Elder Briggs off at the train station to go up to João  Monlevade. I walked with another Elder to the bus station where I waited until a van came and picked up some other elders and me. We were then brought to the mission office and walked down to the chapel nearby. All the Elders and Sisters that were heading home stayed there for almost the entire day. We took a self sufficiency course that helped us prepare a little for the transition to normal life with work and studies. That night we had a pizza party and stayed in a hotel. I shared a room with Elder Karen and we stayed up talking for quite a while. Finally, we were able to fall asleep.

The next day we woke up at our normal time, got ready and ate the continental breakfast(a lot of pão de queijo). Then we went to the Central Market, where we bought some souvenirs. My favorite was a horn to call in the cattle. Then, everyone headed to President Fernandes' house for lunch. Then we all caught a van to the airport, where we started to split up to our various destinations.

All of the American Flew to São Paulo together then We started to split way fast. We were running a little late. So Elder Silfies, Sister Perkins and I had to hurry to board our next plane to Atlanta, Georgia. We got there(after a 9 hour flight) and we passed through customs easily. Then we split up, each for their own plane. I caught another 5 more hours in a plane and got to see my family again.

It took a 24 hour trip, but I was with my family again. We went to Athenian Grill and as I had been unable to sleep in the plane I was dead tired and took a nap before I went to talk with President Bennett to be released as a full time missionary.


Me-Nelson-Coutinho-Briggs






S'Andrade, S'K Costa, E'Barbosa, E'Bustamante, E'Acosta, E'Araujo, E'Karren, Me, E'Seale, E'Silfies, E'Domingues, E'Sampaio, S'Shepard, S'Perkins
S'Fernandes, Pres'Fernandes
  
In the van to the airport
                   Sister and Elder Perropato
Back with my family









No comments:

Post a Comment